Sunday was an emotional day for our family as we were commissioned as Missionaries and had our family and friends there to take part. I wasn't sure how it would all transpire. I was nervous, while I am not anything close to shy, I do still get nervous standing in front of a congregation of people. While we stood in front of our church family, I began to feel the emotions of leaving our friends, family and the weekly talks with our closest and dearest friends. As I began to thank everyone for all their help in the past few weeks, it donned on me, God had placed all these people in our lives 5 years ago, for us to love, befriend, and learn from.
For the past year and a half, we have been praying and then preparing to move to Belize. Along the way, we have encountered numerous "hurdles" that often times became overwhelming! "HOW" What a silly little three little word that we tend to use more often than we should. How, with God, duh!! We read the biography of George Mueller as a family, then less than a week later, I lost my job! I found myself numerous times lately reflecting on those 5 months that I didn't have a job. How am I going to pay rent, God paid it. How am I going to feed my family, God fed them. How am I going to provide shelter and a warm/ cool place for my kids to sleep at night, God provided. How am I going to have money for gas to find work, God filled the tank. God provided for every single little detail of our lives for 5 months, yet, I still want to ask HOW? Now we must ask, WHY? Why, in a time that we are praying constantly about being in the Lords will, would I dare to question HOW My Almighty, powerful, King of the universe God is going to do anything!
He has laid out every little detail for us, and I mean every detail. A few months back, we had made a tentative budget, to the best of our knowledge, of what this endeavor was going to cost us, just to get down there. Sure the number was large, and there I was again asking how. A very dear person to me, upon telling him the number, turns to me and simply states, "That's all!!" What, that's all, did you hear me wrong? No, as the thought was crossing my mind he spoke what was going through my head, God can do that with no problem at all!
Now we are one week to leaving, our belongings have arrived safely in Belize, we have secured a 16 passenger bus, and it looks promising that we will have a nice living arrangement as well. What about the tall order budget that I tried to doubt God about, oh yeah, it has been exceeded! The best part of the budget part though, God changed us through it. We desired this or that, expected this, wanted that, hoped for those, and you know what, our desires became His desires. As we have continued our journey to His perfect will for our lives, our desires have changed, "needs" were changed. So the things that we wanted to allow ourselves to get worked up over, cloud our vision, are things of the past. We truly feel blessed to have the things we have and look forward to heading south to fellowship with our new friends.
I also want to take the time again to thank all those that have poured so much into our ministry so far with their time and donations at this point. We truly feel blessed to be part of the Unified body of Christ!
No comments:
Post a Comment