After returning from our trip, I was on the phone with another good pastor friend of mine, the same one who has been going to Belize for 9 years. He regretfully informed me that he was not going to be able to make the trip this year and was a little concerned because he has been the one putting the whole trip together for the past 8 years. Neither one of us wanted the trip to have to get cancelled so I spoke up and said I would take over and lead the group down there! After all, if I plan to be able to have teams come down to help us, it only made sense that I know how to lead a group first, right?
Our team as of right now is 10 people and Lord willing we can still add a few more to it before it is too late. I was able to meet with 2 of the people that went last year and we discussed some different things I was wanting to incorporate this year. It was comforting to find out that they too had some of the same ideas they wanted to present to me.
So, aside from my crazy work schedule, moving in 2 months and having to go through everything to make a sale pile and a keep pile, I have now added to prepare all the travel arrangements for the July mission trip. Oh, and while there, I also have to make some finalizing plans for our move down there! Amazingly, I am at peace with all of this and could not be happier. As I was told over 7 years ago when I first mentioned ministry to a dear pastor friend, his response was, "If there is anything else you can think to do and be happy and content at doing, do it! If not, then you know it is God leading you into the ministry and not of your own accord." Well folks, that time has arrived! I am looking forward to walking away from my "good" job, nice apartment and fancy vehicles and comfortable way of life to serve the Lord! The day is nearing when I will "lay down my net, follow Him and make fishers of men!"
As I share my testimony and vision with people, of course they are not shy to share their concerns about our safety and "what about the kids." The biggest thing that comes to mind is simply this, "Where are you storing your treasures, in Heaven or on Earth?" On one side it saddens me that even Christians miss this, even more so that the lost that I share with totally miss it. I am very mindful of how I share with some of the lost people I work with as to make sure they see an excitement in me about what God can do in someone's life and how He can take a wretched sinner like me and turn my life around and use ME to Glorify His kingdom. I am so honored that God chose me to spend eternity with Him and to use me here on Earth to do His work, what a blessing that I so do not deserve! Happy Easter and thank you Jesus for taking on God's wrath for me, thank you Jesus for loving me, even though I sent you to that cross!!
I love you!! Big ol' To-Do list building, but "with God all things are possible." Right?!
ReplyDelete